Whimsical Curiosity
 
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Flawlessness, what most girls strive for.
How often do we look in a mirror and cry out in dismay as we can see a mutating pus-filled-monster growing on our nose or chin? I don’t know about you, but I reach for my Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel and liquid concealer before you can even scream, “ZIT!”
I could go on a long rant on what I believe to be beauty, and that we should NOT use our physical features to define ourselves, but I’ll spare you that. ^.^
The point is, our self-esteem is constantly being bombarded, and having this big red thing yelling at everybody just might tip the scales a little bit.

I’m not exactly overflowing with cash, so I have to spend my money wisely, so usually my face takes the back seat while my stomach gets all the attention (honestly, I’d choose a fabulous chicken sandwich over cosmetics ANY day.)
I’ve tried so many products that promised me magic and disappearing acts, but er, lets face it, industries aren’t exactly known for keeping their word.
I guess the best promises are the most expensive, example: ProActiv Solutions….
But I’m not exactly ready to pay that much money, MONTHLY, no thank you.
So I settled down with the cheapy ones on my local Wal-Marts cosmetic shelves, there are so many to choose from, and I believe I tried most of them since I hit puberty -.-
Biore, Clean&Clear, etc.
The best on the shelf was Neutrogena, it works. Oh, and did I mention it’s decently priced?
I thought I had hit the jackpot, but not really.



I started reading about the dangerous chemicals companies like to sneak into their products, and me, looking out for only the best for my skin, decided that (for many other reasons besides this) it was time to go natural. I now use Burt’s Bees Peach and Willowbark deep pore scrub, which is amazing…
But unfortunately I had to pay nine dollars for it. (I prefer spending less than seven dollars.)



But the BEST, MOST WONDERFUL, AND NATURAL acne cleansing products are just in your kitchen cabinets.
Honey, Granulated sugar, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
An amazing combination I found on RiceBunny’s xanga site. (I go to her site often to check on stuff like that.) Here’s the link to her olive oil scrub.

Meh. I have a job interview tomorrow at ten A.M.
Wish me luck.

posted by Nichi @ 3:05 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
All About Nichi Apples (=^.^=)

Name: Nichi
Home: United States
About Me: Just another girl next door. To those who know me well I have a "whimsical curiosity" thus the name of my blog. I never stay on one topic, It's hard for me to concentrate on one thing for too long, I don't have a set theme or topic for my blog, it's pretty much a mess of random things about my life...hope you enjoy it ^.^
See my complete profile
Previous Blawg Posts
Her Blawg Archives
BlahBlahBlahrgh...


Linkyz
Thankies to

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Viva la Vida - Coldplay