Whimsical Curiosity
 
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Ahrtwhoork.
Inspiration:

1. stimulus to do creative work: something that stimulates the human mind to creative thought or to the making of art

3. creativeness: the quality of being stimulated to creative thought or activity, or the manifestation of this

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

...inpiration comes in many forms...
Yesterday a fellow blogger, by the name of Dan, inspired me to pick up my pen and pencil and draw a tree! :D
First of all, I enjoy drawing nature, but Dan has a certain free flow stroke with carefree lines and I ached to mimick it and make it my own...*waves at Dan* (psst! I hope you don't mind that I copied your style XD maybe I should have asked you first before I posted..haha.)

Here are a few of Dan's artwork that fed my creativity. Talk to me tree: this piece is brilliant! It made me ACHE to draw...and demmit! Dan!! I shall hunt you down if you gave this piece away! I'd even buy it from you (depending on what your offered price is...XD I'm not made out of money.)


STOMP: Bah. Dan's creativity is out of this world, it partly makes me jealous...*grumbles*
Not Getting Wet (is romantic too.): I like how he can just scribble and make it a cool piece of artwork...if I tried scratching away like that I'd get upset with myself...."BaH! I'm not DOING IT RIGHT!! WHAT'S THE RIGHT WAY TO SCRIBBLE?!?" 0.o

Never Apart: My ultimate favorite, why? First of all it's beautiful, and second, it reminds me of when I went to Philippines and left my poor mate all alone here in the United States for a month and a half =..( hmph. way to sell it Dan! (jk)

And finally, thanks for the inspiration Dan, The picktcha is foh youu ^.^


Meh. It isn't as good as his, but...whatever! I enjoyed drawing it. :)

Have a good day everybody! I'm off to work! see yah!

posted by Nichi @ 7:40 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At May 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Blogger Makeupfairytale said…

    ooh i like not getting wet.

    but.......omg i'm so loving never apart! =P wow girl you got talent!

    i'm planning on taking a painting class next semester (not exactly like drawing, but i'm already dreading it, maybe i should take it pass no pass hahahha)

    i must sayyy wowwwwwww. i would put that picture as my desktop background.

    (right now my desktop background is this little picture with the words "do your work, don't be stupid)...i knowww i need those little words...hahaha so badly you don't even know.

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Blogger Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said…

    Wow Dan is talented, but so are you. Honestly! I'm sure you've done Dan proud. ;) I CANNOT draw like that, even if my life depended on it. LOLOL. :P

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Blogger Chiara said…

    Sweet blog, Nichi :] My favorite is the rainy one too. I love it scribble/doodle art

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Blogger Nichi said…

    @ Makeupfairytale: Painting isn't much different, but it certainly (for me at least) is much more difficult! So good luck with your class!

    I'm actually planning to take up Visual Communications here at my local community college ^.^

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Blogger Nichi said…

    @ Christiana: Thankies, compliments from ppl like you keep me going :)

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Blogger Nichi said…

    @ Chiara: Thanks! I like visiting your blog as well ^.^ keeps it up.

     
  • At May 31, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha yep..dan's a cool guy! he also inspired me to draw when i started my first blog...his free lines are just so awesome...i envy that quality of his...that he's "free". free in a sense that he never falters to draw what he's feeling at the moment. i don't have that, sadly. that's why i always look up to him. he's what an artist is supposed to be...he inspires and make you feel. :)

    (he sent me one of his sketch btw! yass!)

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nich! thanks for featuring my sketches, anyway just draw whatever you feel like drawing, if it does not come out the way you wanted it, do not throw it away, you can come back to look at it in a few days and say 'this one is not bad at all' :) and just keep on drawing, it may not be your obra, but its good practice, just keep on drawing and drawing and drawing hehehehe and most of all, draw what you like, do not punish yourself by drawing what you hate to do hehehe

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
All About Nichi Apples (=^.^=)

Name: Nichi
Home: United States
About Me: Just another girl next door. To those who know me well I have a "whimsical curiosity" thus the name of my blog. I never stay on one topic, It's hard for me to concentrate on one thing for too long, I don't have a set theme or topic for my blog, it's pretty much a mess of random things about my life...hope you enjoy it ^.^
See my complete profile
Previous Blawg Posts
Her Blawg Archives
BlahBlahBlahrgh...


Linkyz
Thankies to

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Viva la Vida - Coldplay