Whimsical Curiosity
 
Sunday, May 25, 2008
My Movie Review #1


The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Movie number two.

Rated PG for epic battle action and violence.
(The action is pretty astounding and intense for a children's movie.)

Running Time is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
(I was going to be late for work if I didn't change into my work cloths in the theater :P)

Personally I believe it to be much better than the first one, it's darker and just a tad bit less kid friendly...But being such an avid fan of the series I don't really enjoy the way they changed around the story and characters for the movie.
But hey! It's hollywood! You must expect that sort of thing to happen, because of course, a movie can only go so far, whereas a book can take you places you've never been.
The CG is amazing, and I LOVE how they portrayed Reepiecheep the Valiant Mouse, which is much better than the OLD Reepiecheep in the 1988 Narnia movies from BBC.

The music score was very nice, but forgettable. Although I do like the last song in the movie, and I need to find out who was singing it.
The acting was so-so, nothing awesome, but good enough for a movie.
They did an amazing job of grabbing your attention and toying with your emotions...which I love in a movie. The action is worth watching, YES!
Yes, I did tear up in some scenes :(

All in all it's a nice emotional rollercoaster.

A cutesy kiddy action/fantasy movie, although I don't reccomend it for children younger than nine, I heared a few kids behind me whimpering on certain scenes. :/

I rate it B+ movie. (Out of A+ A- B+ B- C+ C- D+ D-)

ah yes, another cool thing is the costumes and scenery...the location was the best, and I fell in love with the intricate details of the weaponry and armory. ^.^
posted by Nichi @ 9:13 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At May 25, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Blogger ilurvemakeup said…

    Personally I like Golden Compass better than both the Narnia. Caspian looks like a girl, at the end when they kissed they looked like sisters LOL :s AHHHH how cute was the friggin' mouse!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! :D:D:D:D

     
  • At May 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Blogger (g)ezebel said…

    ahhhh, i haven't seen it yet! i can't wait to go. it's one of our family movies for the summer.

     
  • At May 26, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Blogger ♡ Nic Nic ♡ said…

    oooo i really wanna to see this movie so im trying to avoid your review :P hehe..

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Blogger Nichi said…

    well, I don't give away any spoilers XP I hate it when reviews do that...

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm. haven't seen this yet, am too lazy to go to the movies. yeah i'm that boring. the trailer didn't impress me much so...mmm.

    will wait for the dvd of this though. hehe.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Blogger Nichi said…

    you should read the books way before you watch the movie pao!
    You'll like the movie a tad bit better :)

     
  • At June 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the song at the end was the call by regina spektor. love it too!

    katherine

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
All About Nichi Apples (=^.^=)

Name: Nichi
Home: United States
About Me: Just another girl next door. To those who know me well I have a "whimsical curiosity" thus the name of my blog. I never stay on one topic, It's hard for me to concentrate on one thing for too long, I don't have a set theme or topic for my blog, it's pretty much a mess of random things about my life...hope you enjoy it ^.^
See my complete profile
Previous Blawg Posts
Her Blawg Archives
BlahBlahBlahrgh...


Linkyz
Thankies to

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Viva la Vida - Coldplay